Our ward asked every family to bring a blanket for our Christmas party. Each blanket would be donated to the LDS church to send to people that need them.
They asked for colorful...thats what I gave them....
My intention was to make this full size, but I only had enough scraps for a twin size...
I ended up tying this quilt (I really, really, really wanted to quilt this blanket but just did not have time on my side)
I used a twin size sheet for the backing so that I would not have to sew one together
To bind it I folded the sheet over about a 3 inches and just sewed along the edge. I did not bother with turning the edge of the sheet over because they are already finished nicely on a sheet. The above picture is the corners that I did. I would sew down along the edge of the sheet all the way to the end of the blanket. Then I would move the blanket so that I could sew down the next edge...I folded the sheet that would be the binding, so that it was a triangle in the corner and then folded it over the blanket so that it looked like it was a miter corner. Even though I don't think technically it is (who knows). Then I pinned the corner down and just did the edge (I did not sew the corners down yet.
I did that all the way around the quilt and then went back and just sewed down the corners at the end
(here I am sewing down the edge of the blanket)
It is a good thing that I ended up not having enough scraps to do a full size; this blanket took up the entire living room as it was when I was tying it. I don't think I would have had enough room to tie a full size blanket. Thanks to my MIL she helped me finish tying this blanket..
Oh and all the yarn for tying was different colors. I used green, pink, and a multicolored (purple, yellow, and blue I think) yarns for this blanket.
These scraps all came from the rag quilts that I have been making over the last 6 months. This blanket is full of memories and I hope that the person who gets it loves it and keeps them warm...