Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
front seat. This is where my baby sits. So I put the ribbon rings at the bottom so that I could attatch toys to it. It will help to keep her entertained.
- Measure how wide you want your caddy to be. Mine was 21 inches.
- Measure how long you want your caddy. I wanted mine about 13 inches (if I were to do this again I would make mine 9-10 inches long)
- Cut 2 pieces of fabric the width and length that you would like. I had two different colors that I was working with.
- Cut a piece of fabric 5 inches smaller than your width measurment. Mine was 21 inches so I cut mine 16 inches. So cut the piece of fabric 16 (or whatever your number is) by 6 inches.
- Cut 2 strips of fabric 1 inch wide by 24 inches. Sew those two strips together and turn and press. Cut into 3 equal pieces. These are for the straps that attach to your stroller/shopping cart so if you would like them longer then cut them longer.
- Turn the ends of your strips inside and sew them so that you ahve a nice finished edge
- Cut your ribbon into 4 equal strips. Heat seal the ends to prevent fraying. (I use these to attach toys to for my baby to play with.
- Turn you big pieces of fabric right sides together and pin your staps in the proper place. Sew around and make sure to leave a big enough space to turn it right side out.
- Turn right side out.
- Take the elastic and sew it across the top part of your smaller piece of fabric as close to the top as possible. While sewing stretch the elastic as much as possible to create the gathering.
- Turn the elastic under and sew. Repeat again so that you have no raw edge showing.
- Attach the piece of fabric to the larger piece of fabric and turn the raw edge under as you are sewing it.
- Sew straight lines on the pocket to create smaller pockets. make sure to leave enough space in the middle for later
- Fold over the big piece of fabric leaving an inch or two space at the top. Sew down the sides to create one big pocket.
- Sew down the middle to create two pockets.
- If you would like the toy rings at the bottom then sew the ribbon on at the bottom
- Attach snaps to the straps at the top
And now you have a fun shopping cart/stroller caddy.
This would work great with a phil and teds stroller, an umbrella stroller, a jogging stroller, and a shopping cart. If you have any other uses for it, it would be great to hear from you.
Another idea I have is to make this into an apron. The only thing that you would change is to make straps to go around the waist (or you could use ribbon). I tried this on my 3 yr olds waist and it would fit perfectly (could be a few inches shorter). I just need to make it for her.
Monday, August 24, 2009
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Remember I can customize any blanket pattern for you to fit your needs. Just let me know what you are needing :)
Hope you all have a great day
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
I just loved this skirt when I saw it on Dana Made It. I did not follow the directions very well. I just made it up as I went. I did follow her pocket tutorial very closely (not the size just the directions). It worked perfectly. You should try it
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
The 3 yr olds dress is almost complete...a little ironing here and there and sewing on the pockets then you can see the finished products......
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
Friday, August 7, 2009
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Monday, August 3, 2009
And I am so excited...........I got my bead order from Fire Mountain Gems. There are tons of great beads in there. I have just about got them all sorted out and come to find out I have hardly any black beads. So I guess (wink, wink) I will have to do another order soon when I get enough sales from my shop. SO help support my shopping habit :)
If you see it hanging around your place can you please send it home :) until then no update, or at least boring ones
Ps: you know last weeks goals, well I accomplished everyone of them but I clipping the new quilt for the pattern. I am working on that as we speak (well as soon as I am done updating my blog)