How to Create a Fabric & Beaded Flower Embellishment Tutorial | A Vision to Remember All Things Handmade Blog: How to Create a Fabric & Beaded Flower Embellishment Tutorial

How to Create a Fabric & Beaded Flower Embellishment Tutorial

This is a really fun flower with the added beauty of beads!




I saw a flower similar to this one someones blog that they had purchased. Ever since then I have wanted to try it out (if that person was you, or you remember who it was PLEASE let me know :)
For the beaded flower take some small beads (I used about 3 mm size) and some really pliable wire. I am not sure what gauge it is but it is small enough to fit in the small holes of the beads.

Bead the beads onto the wire. Then twist the ends of the wire together and form the petal for the flower
I used 13 beads on each petal. Do this for petals
Now bead another section. I twisted the ends a little bit so that the beads would not fall off.

Twist this section into a small circle.

Now you can assemble the flower now or wait to assemble ontop of your fabric flower.

now cut out 7 circles out of your fabric. My circles are about 3 inches across. The flower is also about 3 inches across (I don't know if that is a real correlation or just happened this time)


Fold over the circle and sew it down. I used white thread so you could see it better and you can't see it on the finished flower.
Now fold the flower so that it creates a flower petal
Sew the petal down. You could also hand sew the flower petal down
your finished petal
make seven petals (I know there are only 5 because I thought that I would only need five...not the case for me)
put a dab of hot glue onto the petal
and stick all the petals together
Now to add the beads (I forgot to take pictures while I was doing this part...)
Put some hot glue in the middle of the fabric flower and add the beaded petals. Then glue the circle beads onto the middle.
Now you have your fabric flower. You can add a hair clip to it or a pin or just sew/glue it onto clothing.


22 comments:

Debbiedoos said...

You girls make crafting look so easy!!~

Connie said...

Very nice. I love the beads added to the flower, nice twist.

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

Very cute! I love the beads!

autumn said...

what a great looking flower! looks like it took a lot of work, but it was worth it!
nice job.
:)

Unknown said...

love the beads on the flowers!

Kaysi said...

Super cute! They look great

Marianne said...

Those are lovely and look like they need a lot of patience to make. Nicely done.

One Cheap B*tch said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing the DIY tutorial. Very helpful!

Expressions by Heather said...

Great tutorial!

Thank you so much for linking up with the Talented Tuesday link party at My Frugal Family, which is hosted every Tuesday. Please feel free to stop back in every week and post your newest projects!

Remodelaholic said...

That looks totally awesome! Great job, I especially love the beaded flower it really adds some bling!

I am so glad you stopped by to join our little the party, I hope to see you there again! We have them every Friday. (And we are now doing a recipe link up on Wednesday!)

Cassity @ Remodelaholic

Tiffany said...

Pretty!
-Tiff

Anonymous said...

i seriously enjoy all your posting choice, very remarkable,
don't give up and keep posting in all honesty , because it just well worth to look through it.
excited to look over much of your writing, regards!

Glenna said...

Thanks for the tutorial for making these flowers.

Ginger said...

So cute! Link it up to Mad Skills Monday over at SuperStinkyBoys!

http://superstinkyboys.blogspot.com

RitaJC said...

Beautiful!
Thank you so much!
But I'd rather sew the details together as glue... sorry

I {heart} Nap Time said...

soooo cute! i'd love for you to link em up at sundae scoop http://iheartnaptime.blogspot.com/2010/04/sundae-scoop-2-link-party.html

Sew Can Do said...

This is really lovely. Thanks for sharing it on Craftastic Monday. I'd love for you to add the party button:)

Karen T said...

Beautiful! I really want to try this.

LakshmiRP said...

Simple and easy will surely try this...

The Marshall's said...

This is super cute! I want to try and make one. What kind of fabric did you use? Just cotton? You can email me at (mandiamarshall@yahoo.com)Thanks!

Amazing Flower said...

you're so nice sharing the tutorial. thank you.

Love from Singapore Florist :)

CREATIVE KHADIJA said...

super nice tutorial..thanks!!!

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you! Let me know what you think

Subscribe

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Let's Get Social

Image HTML map generator



Featured Post

How to Memorize The Living Christ - Simple and Easy