Now on to Lauras awesome tutorial:
Hi everyone. I’m Laura from Along for the Ride. Thank you so much, Bobbie, for swapping blogs with me. Make sure you stop by my blog to see Bobbie’s simple and fabulous tutorial that all of us can use!
Today I’m going to show you how to make a ribbon and pearl necklace perfect for spring. Don’t worry; it might look complicated, but once you get the hang of the basic beading technique, the possibilities are endless!
Here’s what you need:
2 large jump rings
All of these supplies can be purchased at Hobby Lobby...wait until they are 50% off.
1. String your beads on the beading wire. I used chocolate brown glass pearls. I usually use half the amount of beads I would use normally if I was making a necklace to go the whole way around my neck.
2. String on a crimp bead and then one of the jump rings.
3. Now string the wire back through the jump ring.
4. The crimp tool has two uses. First use the inner teeth to flatten the crimp bead.
5. Next use the outside teeth to roll the crimp into a little tube.
6. Now you string your beads back onto the excess wire, cut your wire from the spool, and repeat on the other side with the second large jump ring.
Now you have a little strand of pearls. Are you still with me?
Now let's add the ribbon!
7. Cut two medium sized pieces of ribbon...just estimate. Pull a piece of ribbon through the jump ring and glue together around the ring.
8. Repeat on the other side with the second piece of ribbon. Tie your necklace on and welcome in spring!
Thanks so much Laura for sharing that with us! It is so fun and just adorable.
Oh, and for all of you that are new make sure to stick around for Saturday to link up to Check ME Out Saturday. Hope to see you around