My name is Tiffany, I blog over at Making the World Cuter.
I just wanted to share one of my family's favorites, (and anyone we share it with) with you.
We call it the Italian Yum-Yum Sub!
This will easily feed a family of 6, it is rich and delicious and an easy to put together meal perfect for a busy night-and another bonus, if you make it ahead of time-they freeze magnificently!
- Long loaf of take and bake Italian bread
- 1 8oz box of neufatchel or cream cheese
- 2 Tbs butter
- Poppy Seeds
- 1 lb. sausage
- canadian bacon
- provolone or other sliced white cheese of your choice
- Cut bread lengthwise in half leaving hinge
- Brown sausage
- In small bowl mix together melted butter, softened cream cheese and poppy seeds (I just put in as much as looks good-maybe about a tablespoon?)
- Spread cream cheese mixture on both halves
- On top half, place your cheese all the way across
- On bottom half, place your canadian bacon all the way across
- Pour the sausage in the middle all the way across
- Wrap entire sandwich in heavy duty foil
- Bake sandwich in oven at about 350 for about a half hour or until bread is crusty and cheese is all melty
- Cut into 2-4 inch sections, and wrap bottom half of each section with the foil that the sandwich was baked in-then you don't need plates!
Yield: 6-8 servings
Thanks Bobbie for having me over for this fun recipe extravaganza, I can't wait to try something new!